Do you ever really look at things as they are? I’ve been thinking, as I often do, why I keep this blog. And it’s really not for all the great reasons that I like to think it is. Hence why there are so few posts devoted to anything useful.
I pretend that I keep it up to do the following:
- Document my progress as an animator.
- Keep a record of the things I learn to remind myself of them later.
- Receive constructive feedback on my work from people.
- Provide a useful resource for other animators in positions similar to mine or in positions that I have been in.
While I don’t consciously think about things like this, I really keep it for the following reasons:
- To try to get praise on my work.
- To spout my opinions on matters that I don’t have the experience to back up.
That’s pretty crappy really isn’t it?
So is there anything that’s truly positive to extract from this? Well I guess it must be helping to teach me some of my flaws. It makes me mindful of my dependence on the acceptance of other people, and it exposes my naivety. In short I think that it shows me that I’m just the same as most people.