After about a year and a half of on/off preparation, on Wednesday 9th September I finally got around to starting the process of animating my short film about a mime. I’m animating in chronological order from the first scene to the last, and as such have started with one of the simplest and yet most troublesome scenes in the film – troublesome because of the leading character being face-on to the camera, which is rather difficult to draw.
I really went traditional with the scene and planned everything out with X-sheets, but realised upon scanning my roughs that the plan wasn’t working. After a few revisions, the scene I’ve got so far is totally different from what I had planned. For such a simple scene, it’s not easy to get right!