I’m still going…..just about! The last few weeks have been exceedingly busy at work, but I’ve got two weeks off now in which I hope to accomplish something on the mime project before I go back to the madness. I’m still in the process of working out what to do background-wise but tonight I managed to get somewhere. I’ve come up with a technique for painting the backgrounds that I’m happy with. Here’s the result, with the mime composited over the top for comparison (just ignore the mime’s deformed arm, it’s an old drawing!):
And here’s the painting pre-Photoshop:
The next plan is to draw up a layout for a shot from the film and make a specific background from that. If that goes well then animation can begin AT LAST!! This project has been going for year and a half since it’s initial conception, and it’s been a year since I finished writing the story. A whole year of design work!